|St. Joseph Parish, Erie MI (734) 848-6125||
Our two main priorities are: 1) receive the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Who will set afire the hearts of our Parish, and 2) Witness the joy and love of Jesus Christ and be his instruments in drawing all people to Him in both personal relationship and in communion as a parish family.
Unleash the Gospel
Most Rev. Allen H. Vigneron
Archdiocese of Detroit
Our Evangelization Team meets every other week and we always welcome new members (Jesus said to go into all the world and make disciples). Our main focus is presenting Jesus to others while growing in our relationship with him in the process.
Ten Ways to be an Amazing Evangelist
by Bob Wilson
1. We can't give what we don't have. In order to evangelize effectively we have to be close to Jesus. That means having a vibrant prayer life and going to Mass and confession regularly.
2. Know the Basics. Do we know these answers?
Who founded the Catholic Church? What is faith? What is grace? What is a sacrament? What is mortal sin?
3. Love the people you evangelize.
People don't care what you until they know that you care.
Take the time to befriend someone. They're worth it.
4. Exude Joy.
We have the best news ever and they way we engage people should reflect that. People are attracted to joyful people.
5. Give away miraculous medals and rosaries.
This is a great way to strike up a conversation and if they are blessed they are grace filled objects.
6. Learn some Bible verses. If we want to dialogue effectively with non-Catholic Christians, we need to speak their language. That means learning and memorizing some bible verses that speak to the truth of our Catholic faith.
7. THE BIG ONE: Proclaim the Gospel! When this gospel message is proclaimed, the Holy Spirit works in the person hearing it.
a) God loves you. He created you out of love to be in a relationship with him. He has a plan for your life.
b) The bad news is that due to sin, we are separated from God and the consequence of that is hell.
c) The good news is that God's son, Jesus, became man, atoned for our sins by dying on the cross and rose from the dead for our salvation.
d) We receive this gift of salvation and the Holy Spirit when we put our faith in him, repent of our sins, are baptized and become his disciples.
e) Jesus established the Catholic Church to teach with his authority, to empower us with his grace, and to restore us to salvation if we fall from grace.
8. Pray with people. Don't say "I will pray for you" rather say, "Can I pray with you right now?". It's powerful.
9. Give people one good reason. Encourage the person you're witnessing to, to take a step in the right direction. Give an atheist one good reason to believe in God. Give a non-Christian who believes in God one good reason to put their trust in Jesus. Give a non-Catholic Christian one good reason to become Catholic. Give a Catholic who doesn't practice their faith one good reason to start doing so.
10. Handle rejection with charity. If someone rejects your effort, don't turn negative.Rather smile & wish them a good day!